My photo
AB, Canada
I am fortunate enough to have my dream job of staying at home with my two beautiful daughters. I've been happily married for 6 years and counting! I am a lover of all things french, all things pink, and anything that sparkles. Serioulsy, my husband calls me a crow. I love baking, crafting and throwing big parties, especially if they have a theme. Right now, I'm in love Pinterest. My Hero is Heather from Sprinkle Bakes and my mom.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Snowed In

So, it's been longer than long since I last posted. Not sure why I was on hiatus, but I'm back and I've got lots of post all banked up!
This was a few weeks ago, or maybe even longer than a month, but it was back when we got a ton of snow. It wasn't as if we were really snowed in but there was just so much of it, that it was hard to make yourself go anywhere.
So I put Giselle down for her morning nap (I heart naps), and Venice and I started some roasted beet borscht with fresh dill and cheddar scones.



Here are the beautiful, rustic beets and baby potatoes, seasoned with olive oil, cracked black pepper and kosher salt.


My sous chef, mixing up some dry ingredients.


"I'm helping!"


Get those paws in there, peanut!


Voila! Just in time for Ben to come home for lunch.



Brrrrrrrrrrr!



Just a short little post, but it feels good to be back. I can't wait to post our crafting time and our vacation!

3 comments:

The Alexanders said...

finallY!!

Heath said...

I agree Stacey, finally! I'm sure that bowl of finished soup is for Ben, with my clue being the amount of sour cream! Great pictures of TCBGITWW! ( along with Giselle of course!)

Unknown said...

Wish I had the thumbs-up symbol, I would insert it here. Great job Ali