My photo
AB, Canada
I am fortunate enough to have my dream job of staying at home with my two beautiful daughters. I've been happily married for 6 years and counting! I am a lover of all things french, all things pink, and anything that sparkles. Serioulsy, my husband calls me a crow. I love baking, crafting and throwing big parties, especially if they have a theme. Right now, I'm in love Pinterest. My Hero is Heather from Sprinkle Bakes and my mom.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Caramel Drizzle Beignets with Ice Cream

Deep frying is a pain in the you-know-what.
Especially if you have the actual machine.
There's a buh-zillion parts that need to be washed after and you basically need a drum of oil.
Blech.
So when I have all my stuff out, I always scrounge around the fridge and pantry to see what else would be good fried.
Answer? 
Anything.

Over at Kevin & Amanda's blog you can find the recipe to make these bad boys.
I simplified the recipe (if that's even possible?) To include 3 ingredients.

Pilsbury Flaky Rolls
Caramel sauce
Ice cream, I had caramel pecan, which worked out great!


 Separate the biscuits and cut into quarters and fry for 30 second a side.

I'm currently experiencing a paper tower shortage, so I let the icing sugar take care of the excess oil.
(No one in my family was disappointed)


Scoop out ice cream, place hot beignets on top and drizzle with caramel sauce!


 Drool for a minute, then devour.


I also love this recipe cause I get to say BEIGNETS alot.
 I feel so Suuutherrrrn.
Try it with a drawl.
 It's fun.

1 comment:

The Radke's said...

Finally had the chance to catch up on all your posts. What I can't figure out is how you make all these amazing recipes and still stay tiny.
Now I'm off to see what sad store bought treat is in my pantry!