My photo
AB, Canada
I am fortunate enough to have my dream job of staying at home with my two beautiful daughters. I've been happily married for 6 years and counting! I am a lover of all things french, all things pink, and anything that sparkles. Serioulsy, my husband calls me a crow. I love baking, crafting and throwing big parties, especially if they have a theme. Right now, I'm in love Pinterest. My Hero is Heather from Sprinkle Bakes and my mom.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Living Room Blues

I don't know about you guys, but I'm SOOOOOOOO ready for spring.

Seeing as I live in Alberta, I'm know I'm going to have to wait another 2 months.
That doesn't stop me from feeling the spring vibe!
I want light turquoise pants!
I want to plant a garden!
I want to paint every room in the house!!

Probably can't get away with the first two, but I'm on the hunt for the perfect hue for our open concept living/dining/kitchen area.
The same neutral tan colour is making me feel Blah.

I went to the paint store this afternoon and found a few that I like. I'm pretty much leaning towards 19 different shades of the same pale blue-green colour.
Typical.
Now I just need to narrow it down to something bright, but not cold, light enough that it will not turn my cabinets a pinky hue, and warm enough that it will still match my existing furniture, drapes, hardwood etc.

Here are the colours I'm 'feelin', in no particular order:
1. Titanium, 2141-60, Benjamin Moore

2. Crystalline, AF-485, Aura 

3. Moonshine, 2140-60, BM
4. Green Tint, 2139-60, BM
5. Stonington Gray, HC-170, BM

 This a old pic of the dining area, but the colour is still the same, Wilmington Tan from BM.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears!!

3 comments:

The Radke's said...

If you want to know what Stonington Gray looks like, that is what is in Sam's room. I will call you tomorrow. Promise.

Heath said...

I like the grey-blue! Thanks for making commenting easier!

Ali said...

I think I'm in love with a can of paint I found while cleaning out my craft room. Its rainwater by Martha Stewart. Turns out its blend of all the above mentioned colors. Next step, Cloverdale!!