My photo
AB, Canada
I am fortunate enough to have my dream job of staying at home with my two beautiful daughters. I've been happily married for 6 years and counting! I am a lover of all things french, all things pink, and anything that sparkles. Serioulsy, my husband calls me a crow. I love baking, crafting and throwing big parties, especially if they have a theme. Right now, I'm in love Pinterest. My Hero is Heather from Sprinkle Bakes and my mom.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! We Made It!!!

To all you love birds out there, Happy Heart Day!
I'm going to keep this post like me, short and sweet! This recipe comes from my baking hero, yes, Sprinkle Bakes again! I'm sorry I can't help it if every recipe she comes up with is a no-fail, gorgeous success!!

Here's my tribute to Heather of Sprinkle Bakes Heritage Red Velvet Cake. In cupcake form.


This was my cocoa and coloring mixture. 

The batter all coming together.


My first valentine. I heart you Peanut! 


My second valentine. I heart you Bug!


I piped the cream cheese frosting, but really there was no point. The icing was just too thin of a consistency, I was afraid if I added more icing sugar I would lose the cream cheese flavor.



The famous red inside! If you click on these pictures, they will show you their true color.


This truly is THE best red velvet recipe you will ever come across. It's moist, flavorful, perfectly colored and best of all, beautiful. A perfect treat for any ones valentine. Mine are making an appearance at my mother-in-laws annual Valentines Tea tonight!

2 comments:

Heath said...

Thanks for all the entertainment for the last 14 days! I really want to make those cupcakes. Your friend Heather would be proud!!

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look so delicious! And I totally want to grab those chubby little cheeks of your sweet little baby! Could she be any cuter?? :-)